[FSUG PD] [info a fsf.org: Only two weeks until GNU turns thirty!]

Andrea Brugiolo andrea a pluto.it
Mer 18 Set 2013 10:13:19 CEST

 :-)

----- Forwarded message from Free Software Foundation <info a fsf.org> -----

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 22:01:43 -0400
From: Free Software Foundation <info a fsf.org>
To: andrea a pluto.it
Subject: Only two weeks until GNU turns thirty!

Dear ,

GNU turns thirty in less than two weeks! Wherever you live, we hope
you'll join us for our big anniversary celebration and hackathon on
September 28 - 29.

GNU lovers from all over the world will converge on MIT in Cambridge,
MA for cake, coding, and a special address from Richard Stallman. If
you want to attend the event in person, there is still time to
register! If you'll be watching online, be sure to tune in to [the
event page][1] on Saturday the 28th at 17:00 EDT.

Ten projects will be hosting hackathons during the celebration:
Commotion, coreboot, Gnash, GNOME, GNU FM, GNU MediaGoblin, GNU
Octave, GNU social, Tahoe-LAFS, and Tor. Most of these hackathons will
have an online presence as well, so [visit the event page][1] on
September 28th to participate virtually.

And for those of you who'd like to make sure GNU begins its next
decade in its strongest financial position ever, we encourage you to
consider [donating][2] or attending our [special fundraising
dinner][3] on September 27th at Rendezvous in Cambridge.

Of course, if you're in it for the cake, you'll have to be at the
celebration in person. And you won't want to miss the opportunity to
meet many early contributors to GNU, project maintainers, privacy and
security experts, and more. So, [register today][4], book that last
minute plane ticket, mark your calendars, and tell your friends. We'll
see you in Boston!

Happy hacking,

Libby Reinish
Campaigns Manager

P.S. We are collecting well wishes for GNU from around the world. [Send
us a picture of yourself with an anniversary greeting][5] (we
recommend a sign that says, "I <3 GNU!").

[1]: https://gnu.org/gnu30/celebration
[2]: https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom
[3]: https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/event/info?id=11&reset=1
[4]: https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/event/register?id=10&reset=1
[5]: mailto:campaigns a fsf.org
--
Follow us at https://status.fsf.org/fsf | Subscribe to our blogs via RSS at http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS
Join us as an associate member at http://www.fsf.org/jf

Sent from the Free Software Foundation,

51 Franklin Street
Fifth Floor
Boston, MA 02110-1335
United States

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Andrea Brugiolo                                      andrea a pluto.it
PLUTO Project                                        http://pluto.it