[FSUG PD] [info a fsf.org: Give the gift of freedom with the Ethical Technology Giving Guide]

Andrea Brugiolo nick a fsugpadova.org
Gio 23 Nov 2017 10:19:18 CET

Se per Natale volete regalare tecnologia, fate... regali etici :-)

Andrea

----- Forwarded message from Molly de Blanc <info a fsf.org> -----

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 16:43:47 -0500
From: Molly de Blanc <info a fsf.org>
To: Andrea Brugiolo <nick a linux.it>
Subject: Give the gift of freedom with the Ethical Technology Giving Guide

**Thank you for committing support to the Free Software Foundation as
an Associate Member. [Our annual fundraiser is happening right
now][0]. We want to welcome 700 new members by December 31st. Will you
power up the free software movement by [encouraging your friends to
join][1] today? As a special bonus, all new and renewing Annual
Associate Members ($120+) can choose to receive our new Four Freedoms
t-shirt!**

[0]: https://www.fsf.org/appeal
[1]: https://my.fsf.org/join?pk_campaign=gg1&pk_kwd=joinam

*Read and share online: <https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/give-the-gift-of-freedom-with-the-ethical-technology-giving-guide>*

Dear Andrea Brugiolo,

With the holidays, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday on the horizon,
we know that a lot of you are on the lookout for cool tech gifts to
thrill your loved ones. However, we also know that you don't want
to trap them with proprietary software and insidious technologies
like [Digital Restrictions Management (DRM)][5].

[5]: https://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm_digital_restrictions_management

Thankfully, we at the Free Software Foundation (FSF) research the best
user freedom-respecting products available. We're excited to share
these with you in the [2017 Ethical Technology Giving Guide][6].

[6]: https://www.fsf.org/givingguide/v8/

Over the past year, the number of [Respects Your Freedom][7] certified
products increased dramatically. We saw renewed enthusiasm for creating
DRM-free art, games, and media. We read great books, tried out new
toys, and found even more things to share in the Guide than before.

[7]: https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom

This year's Giving Guide includes mobile phones, laptops,
desktops, wireless accessories, books, games, music, movies, and a
list of nonprofit charities who are working hard to protect your
rights online, in digital spaces, and in your devices. Sellers are
offering discounts for users of the Guide and FSF members.

If you're looking for something a bit more lo-fi, you can head over
to the [GNU Press Shop][8]. We've got a brand new scarf and hat
set to keep you warm this  winter, and plenty of tees to keep you
stylish through this summer (if you're in the Southern Hemisphere).
As always, FSF members get a 20% discount at the GNU Press Shop.

[8]: https://shop.fsf.org/

When you're buying gifts this year, please remember that we're not
just trying to protect ourselves from spyware, surveillance, and other
threats brought on by proprietary software. This encroachment of our
rights as users doesn't just affect us. It's not enough to choose to
not buy Google Home or Amazon Alexa for ourselves -- we need to help
keep these proprietary technologies out of the homes of our families,
friends, and loved ones. We can do this by educating them about
threats <em>and</em> helping them make better choices -- and to
give you a hand, we've included talking points with each Giving Guide
item to explain why the proprietary alternative is a bad buy.

Share the Guide with your friends and use it yourself! While we
understand if you want to keep your gifts a surprise, we hope you'll
consider sharing how the Guide directed your choices this year [on
social media][9], or by emailing us at the FSF.

[9]: https://www.fsf.org/share?u=https://www.fsf.org/givingguide/v8&t=Shop%20better%20with%20the%20Free%20Software%20Foundation%20Ethical%20Tech%20Giving%20Guide

Happy holidays and happy hacking!

Molly de Blanc
Campaigns Manager

--
* Follow us at <https://status.fsf.org/fsf>.
* Subscribe to our RSS feeds at <https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS>.

Sent from the Free Software Foundation,

51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110-1335
UNITED STATES

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Andrea Brugiolo                            nick a fsugpadova.org
Free Software Users Group Padova     http://www.fsugpadova.org