[FSUG PD] Scheda video per FOSS

Raffaella Traniello raffaella.traniello a livecom.it
Mar 4 Ago 2009 16:22:34 CEST

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 15:32 +0200, AbsyntH wrote:
> da quando il montaggio video necessita di una scheda video???

Da "Videoguys' System Recommendations for Video Editing":
http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Videoguys+System+recommendations+for
+Video+Editing/0x4aebb06ba071d2b6a2cd784ce243a6c6.aspx

        We recommend nVidia Quadro based graphics cards for video
        editing because of their superb Open GL support. Adobe Premiere
        Pro, Photoshop & After FX, Avid Media Composer, Red Giant Magic
        Bullet & Boris FX all take advantage of Open GL. You will see
        more and more video editing software take advantage of Open GL
        GPU power as new versions of NLEs get released. This is the key
        the reason why we recommend Quadro cards over less expensive 3D
        gaming cards. While you can do fine with a 3D gaming card,
        Quadro cards are designed and engineered for this kind of work -
        and the NLE engineers are optimizing their applications to take
        advantage of this GPU Open GL power.

Appena ho un po' di tempo da dedicare, accetto l'invito e faccio un
salto in IRC.

Ciao!
Raffaella