[FSUG PD] 25 agosto 20:57:08 GMT

afd a interfree.it afd a interfree.it
Ven 8 Apr 2011 12:09:23 CEST

organizziamo qualcosa?

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/20th/

quote
From: torvalds a klaava.Helsinki.FI (Linus Benedict Torvalds)
Newsgroups: comp.os.minix
Subject: What would you like to see most in minix?
Date: 25 Aug 91 20:57:08 GMT
Hello everybody out there using minix -
Im doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, wont be big and
professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones. This has been brewing
since april, and is starting to get ready. Id like any feedback on
things people like/dislike in minix, as my OS resembles it somewhat
(same physical layout of the file-system (due to practical reasons)
among other things).
Ive currently ported bash(1.08) and gcc(1.40), and things seem to work.
This implies that Ill get something practical within a few months, and
Id like to know what features most people would want. Any suggestions
are welcome, but I wont promise Ill implement them :-)
Linus (torvalds a kruuna.helsinki.fi)
PS. Yes  its free of any minix code, and it has a multi-threaded fs.
It is NOT protable (uses 386 task switching etc), and it probably never
will support anything other than AT-harddisks, as thats all I have :-(.
unquote

Angelo
Fra' Modesto non è mai diventato Priore

Valore legale alle tue mail
InterfreePEC - la tua Posta Elettronica Certificata
http://pec.interfree.it